Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas Balaclavas




I am one lucky mama--fortunately, my boys like wearing hats! When they saw the pattern for this balaclava (ravelry link to the free pattern), their thoughts immediately went to “ninja hats.” :) I was able to finish Ben’s before Christmas, but Matt’s came a few days after. We’ve had several recent snow showers and cold weather, so they have already received much use!

I followed the pattern exactly for Ben’s balaclava, using worsted-weight yarn and a size 6 needle. For Matt’s, however, I wanted a larger size, so I used bulky weight yarn and a size 8 needle. It turned out a bit big, but that’s ok; he’ll be able to grow into it!

I used Cascade’s Pacific yarn for both projects, Ben's in the worsted-weight and Matt's in the chunky. I highly recommend this yarn--it is warm, soft, machine-washable, and not itchy at all! Of course we carry both, as well as the Pacific Multi, at the shop.

We hope that all are staying warm and enjoying the winter season.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post.
    Thanks for sharing the excellent pictures. I really like it very much.
    Elefanthuer
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete